Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mandolin Orchestra of Northwest Arkansas

My wife just found out that there is a new Mandolin Orchestra starting up in Northwest Arkansas. They will be having their first meeting on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at the Jones Center in Springdale.


This is something my wife has dreamed of for several years now.  As I stated in my previous post, she grew up playing in the San Diego Mandolin Orchestra.  Needless to say, she is very excited.  For me, it will be a great challenge.  I'm just at the beginner stages of reading music, so it will force me to become much better at note reading.  But I think I know enough to work my way through the easier tunes.


So if you play any of the mandolin family of instruments, a stand-up bass, or a guitar, why not come out and join us as we embark on the building of the Mandolin Orchestra of Northwest Arkansas!  I'll post additional information after the opening meeting for those who can't make it on that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment