Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some First Photos w/my New Camera

Today I got to get out and play with my camera for a few minutes before the sun went down.  So far I am just using the Portrait setting and the Landscape settings.  These are fully automatic settings where Portrait gives you an F-stop of around 1.8 - 2.0, and Landscape gives an F-stop of about 5.6.  The other settings (ISO and Shutter Speed) are most likely automatic.  So in Portrait mode, you will get a much smaller center of focus, with the background being blurred.  Here are a few of the pictures from this evening.






I'm studying other photos that I like and hope to start playing with angles.  I took a few shots tonight, but I'm not sure exactly how to frame them up so they capture the effect I see in other pictures.  Here is one, just as an example.




I welcome any suggestions on ideas on getting the proper angles. I've always shot pictures that are perfectly squared off, but there is not much creativity in that...

No comments:

Post a Comment